Sunday, May 22, 2011

... elastic-waist skirt

Some nasty weather and unexpected life events prevented me from making it out to Brimfield last weekend, which means I'll have to wait for the July show. Bummer! It's been an altogether dismal start to the flea market and yard sale season in the Northeast, in terms of weather. I'm seriously jonesing to dig through someone else's junk (not a euphemism).

So, more sewing projects! Which are not weather-dependent. I whipped up this quick elastic-waist skirt from some printed twill I picked up recently. I really love the pattern and colors and it has a nice weight to it with just a little bit of stretch. 

Twill skirt
Front (also could be the back)

The front is pretty much exactly the same as the back, and it has pockets (of course). I finished the hem with some grosgrain ribbon before I hand-tacked it.

Finished hem

Not much else to say about this little project – comfy, cute, quick. I've actually got loads of similar fabric that would work for this project as well. Unfortunately, skirt-weather not included.

Pattern detail
Maybe in July...

No comments:

Post a Comment